Game 1: Team adidas (4th) vs. Team Reebok (1st)
Regular Season Series: 3-2, Reebok over adidas
Last Meeting: Reebok 125, adidas 88 (Week 14)
Game Notes: Team adidas lost its last two battles and failed to score more than 90 fantasy points in either one. All hope lies in the hands of Robert Griffin III, who's expected to be a game-time decision on Sunday. If he can't go, fellow rookie QB Ryan Tannehill will step in under center.
Team Reebok, winner of its last two, is also dealing with injury issues at key positions. Running back Ahmad Bradshaw and WR Roddy White are both questionable, and their availability will not be known until Sunday. The emergence of RB Knowshon Moreno makes him a safe start in the place of Bradshaw; however, we'll wait for final word on White's status.
- QB: Robert Griffin III (@ CLE)
- WR: Davone Bess (vs. JAX)
- WR: Kendall Wright (vs. NYJ)
- RB: Frank Gore (@ NE)
- RB: C.J. Spiller (vs. SEA)
- TE: Jimmy Graham (vs. TB)
- Flex: DeMarco Murray (vs. PIT)
- QB: Peyton Manning (@ BAL)
- WR: Brandon Marshall (vs. GB)
- WR: Roddy White (vs. NYG)
- RB: Jamaal Charles (@ OAK)
- RB: Knowshon Moreno (@ BAL)
- TE: Antonio Gates (vs. CAR)
- Flex: Reggie Wayne (@ HOU)
Game 2: Team Nike (2nd) vs. Team Under Armour (3rd)
Regular Season Series: 3-2, Under Armour over Nike
Last Meeting: Nike 155, Under Armour 107 (Week 14)
Game Notes: As much as we'd like to roll the dice on QB Andrew Luck for Team Nike, the fact that he's facing a Houston Texans D looking to rebound after a deplorable performance last week on Monday Night Football, we'll take the safer bet of Matt Ryan vs. the New York Giants. All else remains the same for Nike's starting lineup.
The biggest issue for Team Under Armour—or at least for us in setting UA's lineup—is deciding who should start at QB: Cam Newton or Tom Brady? Newton is in the midst of a hot streak, averaging 39 points per game over the last three weeks. That's 10 points more than Brady over that span.
So, we took to Facebook to let you, the fans, make the call. The majority voted for Brady to start, and a few questioned why we would even put the two players in the same category. We'll leave the polls open until Sunday kickoff, so if you feel strongly that Newton should start, head over to the STACK Facebook page and cast your vote.
- QB: Matt Ryan (vs. NYG)
- WR: Calvin Johnson (@ ARI)
- WR: Victor Cruz (vs. ATL)
- RB: Ray Rice (vs. DEN)
- RB: Adrian Peterson (@ STL)
- TE: Jason Witten (vs. PIT)
- Flex: Marshawn Lynch (@ BUF)
Team Under Armour
- QB: Tom Brady (vs. SF)
- WR: Steve Smith (vs. DET)
- WR: Julio Jones (vs. NYG)
- RB: Arian Foster (vs. IND)
- RB: Stevan Ridley (vs. SF)
- TE: Vernon Davis (@ NE)
- Flex: Randall Cobb (@ CHI)
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock