The STACK Exercise of the Week helps you improve your overall sports performance—including strength, speed, conditioning and flexibility.
BOSU Bulgarian Lunge Hop
Who Does It
Drew Brees, All-Pro QB
Sports Performance Benefits
Builds single-leg explosive power and eliminates right and left leg imbalances. Balance and stability also improve, which helps prevent ankle, knee and hip injuries.
- Assume a split-stance with the ball of your rear foot on top of the BOSU dome.
- Lower into a lunge until your front knee is bent to 90 degrees.
- Jump straight up for maximum height.
- Land softly in the starting position.
- Repeat for the specified number of reps.
- Perform a set on your opposite side.
- Hold a football or other sport-specific piece of equipment.
- Position the ball of your rear foot on top of the dome.
- Keep your front knee behind your toes.
- Explode up for maximum height.
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock