The STACK Exercise of the Week will help you improve your overall sports performance—including strength, speed, conditioning and flexibility. This week we highlight a full-body med ball exercise.
Who's Doing It
- ATP Evolution (Cleveland)
Sports Performance Benefits
This exercise strengthens your lower body during the Squat and your upper body during the med ball toss. Your core and lower-body stabilizer muscles must engage to keep you balanced on the unstable BOSU ball when throwing and catching the med ball.
BOSU Squat With Med Ball Throw How To
- Stand on a BOSU ball with your feet hip-width apart. Have a partner stand about eight to 10 feet in front
- Have your partner toss a med ball toward your chest. Catch the med ball with your hands at chest height
- Bend your hips and knees to lower into a Squat
- Drive up out of the Squat and throw the med ball to your partner
- Repeat for specified reps
- Perform this exercise on its own or in a circuit (as demonstrated in the video above)
- Keep your hips, knees and ankles in line
- Keep your back straight, head up and core engaged
- Maintain your balance throughout the exercise
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock