Spend less time swatting bugs and more time enjoying the game with homemade bug spray. A natural alternative to store-bought bug sprays, which often contain dangerous chemicals, homemade bug spray wards off the bugs with a combination of essential oils.
Homemade Bug Spray Ingredients
- Spray bottle
- Small funnel
- Witch hazel
- Citronella essential oil
- Tea tree essential oil
Homemade Bug Spray Directions
- Place funnel in top of a clear, empty spray bottle.
- Fill half the bottle with water. Fill half the remaining space with witch hazel.
- Add 20 drops of citronella essential oil and 10 drops of tea tree essential oil. If you prefer a citrus smell, decrease the amount of tea tree oil.
- Remove the funnel, and screw the top back on the spray bottle.
- Shake the bottle thoroughly and apply the spray as needed.
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock