Athletes who play sports or exercise daily may experience a buildup of dead skin or calluses on their hands or feet. For those who want to soften up the calluses or remove the dead skin, an all-natural homemade exfoliating scrub is a great treatment.
Homemade Exfoliating Scrub Supplies
- Baking soda
- Ground rolled oats
Homemade Exfoliating Scrub Directions and Application
- Combine one cup of baking soda and one cup of ground rolled oats in a bowl and mix well with your hands. Stop when the consistency resembles coarse sand.
- Add one cup of honey to the mix and stir it in with a spoon. The honey acts as a binding agent to create a paste.
- Soak affected areas in a hot bath or shower for at least 20 minutes to loosen dead skin cells.
- Spread the mixture over the area and massage it into your skin using strong, circular hand motions for 15 minutes.
- Rinse off exfoliating scrub completely with warm water. Pat body dry with towel.
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock