STACK Exercise of the Week helps you improve your overall sports performance—including strength, speed, conditioning and flexibility.
Kettlebell Overhead Squat Press
Who Does It
NaVorro Bowman, San Francisco 49ers LB
Sports Performance Benefits
Increases upper- and lower-body strength with a single full-body movement. Also improves the ability to the core to transfer force from the lower to upper body, which adds power to tackles, throws or swings.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Hold kettlebells resting on your shoulders with your hands next to your ears and your elbows forward.
- Bend your knees and squat down until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Drive up from the squat and press the kettlebells overhead.
- Lower the kettlebells to your shoulders and immediately perform the next rep.
- Repeat for the specified number of reps.
- Shift your hips back to initiate the Squat.
- Keep your knees behind your toes.
- Drive up and press the kettlebells overhead in one fluid motion.
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock