Earlier this week controversy arose when an NFL general manager said NBA superstar LeBron James could play tight end in the NFL. One person who agrees with the statement appears to be Buffalo Bills head coach Rex Ryan.
"I don't know a whole lot about [basketball]," Ryan said Wednesday after a team practice. "But that big ol' rascal [James] can come play tight end for us if he wants to."
"I think it would work out well," Ryan said. "There's nobody that can cover him. There's no way you can cover him."
Is this just another "Crazy Rex Ryan" moment? Maybe not. Just look at how James stacks up physically against the five tight ends on Buffalo's roster:
- Blake Annen, 6-foot-4, 247 pounds
- Charles Clay, 6-foot-3, 255 pounds
- Jim Dray, 6-foot-5, 255 pounds
- Chris Gragg, 6-foot-3, 244 pounds
- Nick Leary, 6-foot-3, 252 pounds
- LeBron James, 6-foot-8, 250 pounds
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock