The STACK Exercise of the Week helps you improve your overall sports performance—including strength, speed, conditioning and flexibility.
Rotational Cable Row
Who Does It
Dustin Pedroia, Boston Red Sox Gold Glove 2B
Sports Performance Benefits
Improves your rear hip drive and core rotational strength, which adds power to your swings and throws. It also work your back, which is important for preventing shoulder injuries.
- With a cable machine to your right, stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width.
- Reach across your body with your left hand, turn your hips and shoulders toward the cable machine and hold the handle set in the low position.
- Explosively rotate your hips left and bring the handle across your body to above and outside your left shoulder.
- Return to start position and repeat for specified reps.
- Perform on opposite side.
Sets/Reps: 2x10 each side
- Turn your shoulders toward and away from cable machine with each rep.
- Finish with your hips pointed away from the weight stack.
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock