By all accounts, Poland is a pretty great country. It's got beautiful mountains, delicious pierogies and awesome carved cheese.
One thing Poland is not famous for: squat racks.
As this poor lifter found out the hard way, Polish squat racks are the worst squat racks. This particular model has safety bars that extend past the feet, effectively turning the whole thing into a giant mousetrap. Just drop a heavy barbell onto the least safe safety bars of all time and—BAM!—two broken kneecaps.
We can only think of two reasons why someone would build such a device.
- That person missed "Fulcrum Day" in physics class.
- That person is Tonya Harding.
Sorry, Poland. At least you still have your barbecue pierogies.
Check out more Fitness Fail Friday
- The Weighted Scoot Is Not a Great Exercise
- The Most Useless Fitness Product Ever Invented
- The 6 Most Shameless Soccer Flops Ever
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock