We now know at least some details about seven characters who will be sharing the screen in the upcoming Star Wars movie. Fan site Bleeding Cool caught the scoop, which has since been verified by the studio.
The first thing that catches the eye is that nearly all of the characters will be "fit." But the desire to cast at least two young females and two youngish males also supports rumor that the movie will revolve around the children of Luke, Leia and Han Solo and the next generation of Jedi's—especially considering that Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford are expected to reprise their roles.
The casting notice requests:
- A girl in her late teens who is independent and physically fit, with a good sense of humor
- A young 20-something male, witty, smart and fit but not handsome in the traditional sense
- A male in his late twenties, also fit, but clearly handsome with the confidence to match
- A second young female, also in her late teens, who is tough-acting, smart and fit
- A man in his forties, physically fit of course, with a military vibe
- A 30-something male, smart but not necessarily fit
- And an older gent around seventy with strong opinions and tough, who may or may not be fit
Official information is trickling in slowly, so in the meantime, let your imagination run wild with how the plot could turn. And don't feel bad about knowing nothing concrete. Even George Lucas has not been kept in the loop. During a recent interview with Access Hollywood, Lucas said, "I have not spoken to J.J. [Abrams]. He's been busy with Star Trek, and I'm sure that he'll let me know when he's got some questions."
Star Wars: Episode VII will be released in 2015. Abrams is gearing up to start shooting the movie in London next year.
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock