Cooking isn't as hard as you make it out to be. Yes, it takes time. Yes, it takes going to the grocery store. And yes, it takes putting some things together and turning on a stove burner. But cooking a healthy dinner is not that hard—if you have the right recipe.
RELATED: 3 Tips to Eat Healthy on a Budget
I made this on a super busy Thursday evening. For those of you who don't know what I do, I own Xceleration Fitness, which is a fitness facility with over 300 clients. I'm literally working every single day, and it can take a lot of time. Yet somehow I find the time to cook healthy meals.
From start to finish this entire process took 35 minutes.
Here is just how easy it is.
What You Need
- Chicken Tenderloin or Breast (Thawed)
- Olive Oil & Olive Oil Spray
- Cooking Sheet
- Frying Pan
- All Spice Seasoning
- 2 Medium Zucchini
- 2 Medium Yellow Squash
- Coconut Oil
- 1 Medium Avocado
How You Do It
- Set oven to 425.
- Spray Olive Oil onto cooking sheet.
- Place chicken on sheet.
- Season chicken with allspice seasoning & olive oil.
- Cut up the squash and zucchini into small pieces.
- Put 1 tbsp coconut oil in pan and put on burner at medium/high heat.
- Add squash and zucchini to the pan and use the allspice to season.
- Put chicken in oven for 20 minutes at 425.
- Flip and cook veggies while chicken bakes in oven (ten minutes or so).
- Cut and pit avocado.
- Get chicken out of oven.
That's all you need to do to have a healthy dinner! When you look at what you are eating, you will see that you are getting high-quality protein, healthy carbohydrates and healthy fat! That, my friends, is what we call a healthy dinner!
So easy, so effective and so important for your health.
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock