Ready to impress your friends with your yoga skills? In this installment of STACK's Yoga for Athletes series, yogi Rebecca Pacheco shows us how to perform the Firefly Pose, or Tittibhasana. This pose not only makes you look like a super-advanced yogi, it provides you with several important sports benefits, including wrist strength, core strength and overall balance.
Watch the video above for full Firefly pose workout instructions.
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than hip-distance apart, bend at the waist and place your hands on the floor in front of you
- Walk the heels of your hands backward until your upper arms and shoulders are pressed back as far as possible underneath your thighs
- Keep your fingers pointing forward with your hands on the floor at the outside edges of your feet
- Inch your feet towards each other, squeeze your knees to the sides of your shoulders and drop your hips like you are sitting on your triceps
- Now elevate your legs
Tip for beginners: You can ease into this pose by sitting on the floor, legs spread at a 90-degree angle, elevating each heel on a block and pressing your palms into the floor between your legs.
Catch up on previous installments in STACK Yoga for Athletes series:
- STACK Yoga for Athletes: The Perfect Warm-Up/Cool-Down
- STACK Yoga for Athletes: The Secret Weapon for a Stronger Core
- STACK Yoga for Athletes: Yoga 101
- STACK Yoga for Athletes: Dolphin Push-Ups
Photo Credit: Getty Images // Thinkstock